Dr. Otto H Warburg won a Noble prize for his discovery that cancer actually thrives in an acidic body.
Namely, cancer cells are anaerobic, so they cannot survive in an alkaline environment, which is high in oxygen. On the other hand, all healthy cells need oxygen in order to stay alive.
The diet is the most powerful factor that determines the pH levels of the body. Unfortunately, modern diets are rich in processed foods, sugars, refined grains, GMO, preservatives, and chemicals, all of which lead to acidosis in the body, and thus make us prone to issues like cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and osteoporosis, and accelerate the aging process.
Fortunately, there are natural ways to alkalize the body and thus prevent ailments and diseases.
Dr. Susan E. Brown explains that an alkaline diet will keep the body’s acid-base (pH) between 6.5 (slightly acidic) and 7.5 (slightly alkaline). Most food we consume change our pH, and when digested, some foods leave acidic by-products in the body (acid-forming foods), such as most high-protein foods, meat, fish, eggs, and most legumes, sugar, coffee, alcohol, and most grains, and others leave alkaline by-products (alkaline-forming foods), such as all vegetables and fruits, many nuts and seeds, and spices.
The following mixture is among the most powerful natural remedies for acidity:
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 oz. of water
Mix the first three ingredients and keep adding baking soda until the fizzing stops. Then, add the water, and drink it right away. It will neutralize acidity, energize the body, and protect you from various diseases.
You should also try the following green smoothie that acts as an alkaline “activator”:
- 1/2 celery stick
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1-inch slice of cucumber
- 1-inch slice of pineapple
- 2 chopped apples
- A handful of kale or spinach
- 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder
- 1 lime
- 1/2 a teaspoon of spirulina powder
Mix all the ingredients in the blender, until you get a homogeneous mixture. Pour the smoothie in a glass and enjoy!
Additionally, here are some alkalizing foods and beverages you can incorporate into your diet:
- Most fresh vegetables, including potatoes
- Most fruits
- Beans and lentils
- Some whole grains, like millet, quinoa, and amaranth
- Herbal teas
- Fats such as olive oil, avocados, nuts, and seeds
- soy, like miso, soybeans, tofu, and tempeh
- unsweetened yogurt and milk
- herbs and spices, excluding salt, mustard, and nutmeg